KITCHEN AIDE FOR ASSISTED LIVING COMMUNITY
Provides timely, efficient, pleasant delivery of food to residents and guests ensuring the quality standards of food and service are being delivered to the table. Manages assignment of tables effectively and safely. Maintains dining room station and tables in a clean, organized manner. Utilizes safe procedures. To maintain clean, sanitary conditions in the kitchen including all china, silverware, glassware, pots, pans, equipment and food supplies.
- Ensures beverage orders are taken and and delivered
- Takes food orders, presents to kitchen staff and delivers meals to residents and guests in a proper and timely manner in accordance with Aventine Hill Communities standards.
- Vacuuming, spot sweeping and/or mopping of dining room floors and adjacent areas
- Set up and tear down of Hydration Station(s) at the assigned hours
- Maintains Hydration Station(s) to be properly stocked, food rotated and clean during assigned hours
- Ensures resident and guest satisfaction.
- Responds quickly to resident or guest requests.
- Reports any resident comments or concerns to supervisor immediately.
- Assists in bussing and resetting tables.
- Assists in room services as needed.
- Completes all side work as assigned.
- Maintains sanitary condition of food supplies, dishes, utensils, glasses, pots, pans, equipment and kitchen in accordance with Aventine Hill Communities standards.
- Safely and efficiently operates dishwashing machine according to procedure manual.
- Ensures proper soap and rinse chemicals are loaded for washing.
- Removes from service any dishes, utensils, and glassware that are damaged or broken.
- Stocks delivered food and non-food items.
- Empties and clears garbage bins and breakdown of boxes.
- Deep cleaning of kitchen and equipment.
- Follows Sanitation Schedule and completes duties as assigned.
Complies with all state and county health codes for food handling.
- Handles china, glassware and equipment safely and quietly to minimize breakage.
- Attends all training, pre-shift meetings and in-service seminars.
- Performs all duties in adherence to Aventine Hill Communities standards.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors and co-workers.
Maintains a clean and sanitary work environment.
Adheres to all policies and procedures of Aventine Hill Communities.
Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED preferred. No prior experience or training.
Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates to include ServSafe.
Flexible schedule, including availability to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
Physical Requirements & Requirements
Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
Reach with hands and arms
Climb or balance
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Talk or hear
Taste or smell
Up to 10 pounds
Up to 25 pounds
Up to 50 pounds
Up to 100 pounds
More than 100 pounds